Monday 9 September 2019

How to grill pizza

I learned this from one of my flatmates at uni, who learned it from her mum.

How to cook pizza without heating up the oven.
  • You will need a frozen pizza. If it didn't come frozen, you will need to freeze it. (I have only ever tried it on small ones - I don't know if it would work with big ones).
  • Remove the grill pan from under the grill, and heat the grill to hot.
  • Dampen the bottom of the pizza (I just stick it under the tap) and place it on the grill pan upside down.
  • Grill base until brown. (Because the pizza was frozen and the pan was cold, the cheese & tomato should still be stuck on, and not have melted).
  • Turn the grill down to medium.
  • Turn pizza right side up, and place on grid of grill pan.
  • Optional - add more toppings. Here I added more cheese, and herbs.
  • Grill until cheese is nice and melted and beginning to brown.
  • Eat!

No comments: