Thursday 6 October 2022

Adult colouring books for blind people

Work in progress...

Yes, believe it or not, this is a thing, but they're usually aimed at children.
 
So I'm working on designs which are clear and easy to understand for blind people, bold enough to colour with scented crayons if desired, but also more mature subjects than clowns and mermaids!
 

I'm not doing this on my own - I'm making prototypes and then passing them on to a blind friend to test. She didn't know what paisley pattern was like, or how big a peacock's tail is (and I've had to make it smaller than reality to fit in) before colouring these pictures!
 
 
In real life they will be professionally printed, and won't have all the uneven lines, spatters and smudges! But for now I'm using embossing powder, on lines drawn with refillable pens filled with a half & half mixture of non-waterproof indian ink and glycerine.
 

No comments: