We used to have this often for Sunday Lunch when I was young, and my brother was allergic to tomatoes.
You will need (per person):
- One medium sized roll. Morning rolls work particularly well (if you're fortunate enough to live in Scotland!)
- One sausage
- 1/2 tin Heinz Toast Topper - chicken & mushroom or mushroom & bacon *
What to do:
- Cook sausage - grill or fry.
- Cut roll in half, and toast outsides under the grill.
- Turn over and spread both halves with Toast Topper.
- Top with thinly sliced or grated cheese.
- Cut sausage into 8 and arrange on top.
- Put under grill until cheese melts.