Learned about Jesus' return and the New Heavens & Earth.
When Jesus comes back to Earth, he will get rid of all the bad stuff and make everything new.
Had a gold box and a black binbag, and put things in them depending whether they will be in "Jesus' new world" or not (idea from here):
- Photo of tombstones (no more death)
- Box of tissues (no more crying)
- Calpol (no more pain)
- Card that said 'sin'
- Gold bracelet (city made of gold!)
- Blue voile scarf (river so clean you can drink it)
- Lamp (won't need them; God will give light)
- Apple (fruit trees with fruit that can make you live forever)
- Picture of people (Jesus' friends, from every country: those who have had their sins washed away and love & follow him)
- Picture of Jesus as king - his friends will see him, be with him forever, and work for him.
Then we enjoyed a 'wedding party (aka the Marriage Supper of the Lamb). Hopefully the real catering will be a bit more substantial :-)
Glad no-one asked whose wedding the party would be for - that might have been a bit hard to explain!
[Edit: Here are a worksheet and colouring text for this lesson.]