Sunday 8 July 2018

Remember me


This morning in church we learned about Joseph and Pharaoh's cupbearer:
But when all goes well with you, remember me and show me kindness; mention me to Pharaoh and get me out of this prison. I was forcibly carried off from the land of the Hebrews, and even here I have done nothing to deserve being put in a dungeon.’
The chief cupbearer, however, did not remember Joseph; he forgot him.


This evening, we learned about Jesus and the thief on the cross:
We are punished justly, for we are getting what our deeds deserve. But this man has done nothing wrong.’
Then he said, ‘Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.’
Jesus answered him, Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise.’

As far as I know, as the morning services over the summer are free topics picked by the speakers, this was not planned by anyone (except, presumably, God).

No comments: