It allows you to block certain websites on your browser. I have added a number to it already - sites which are addictive and a complete waste of time. I have tried just using willpower before, but...
What you can do:
- Block certain sites all the time.
- Block sites only at certain times (e.g. when you're supposed to be working).
- Allow yourself a limited daily dose (e.g 10 mins only).
- Set a temporary block if you want (e.g. not allowed in for 4 hours.)
- Set a password (though some reviews say it's easy to get around, so not ideal for strict parental control) but you don't need to, and can just use it as a tool for self-discipline.
- Sort your sites into different groups with different rules.
- Block all internet access except x. This could be useful when the only reason I need to connect to the internet is to listen to the radio or podcasts.