This is what you will see if you happen to spill Irn Bru (or another drink) on your keyboard, and you have to take it apart to dry it out.
No technical skill or fancy tools needed, just care, a screwdriver and a paper towel.
- Unscrew all screws and lift off back plate.
- Lift off the acetate with the lines on it.
- Lift off little rubber cup things (shown in tub). They are what make the keys bounce up again when you press them.
- Dry any dampness on back of keyboard.
- Dry acetate. It's three layers - dry between them if necessary.
- Put little rubber cups back in all the circles (cup side up).
- Place acetate back where it was - line up screw holes.
- Place on back plate and screw.
- Make a mental note not to put open Irn Bru bottles down beside your keyboard.
- Continue with the work you actually intended doing today.