Tuesday 24 September 2019

My attempt at using AI 'photography'

There's a site which allows you to create fake photos of landscapes using AI.

I thought I'd try it out with a scene I know well:

Quinaig & Loch Nedd

Here's what I inputted. Each colour represents a particular preset 'material' - turquoise is 'sky', grey is 'cloud', khaki is 'mountain', green is 'hill', lime green is 'tree', brown is 'rock', blue is 'sea', and olive green is 'bush'


And here's what it came up with 😆😆😆😆😆


Here's another with a sunset filter on it:


I know it's not really mean for recreating real scenes, so I tried a made up one (purple is 'river', bright green is 'grass', brown is 'house' and that weird greeny browny yellowy colour is 'sand'):


Hmmmmmmm.....

3 comments:

Neilmcallister said...

Do you think you still have a job for a few more years?!?

Kirsty said...

I think so :-D

Although, of course, this is a consumer thing - there are much scarier things that they can do.

Kirsty said...

Spooky - the captcha I got to post this was to select 'pictures of mountains & hills'.