These were for Sunday school, but could be used for knights or history without the Christian stickers.
|Sorry for odd colour - very difficult to take a photo of shiny silver on a dark background in poor light!|
You will need:
- Cardboard - e.g. cereal packets.
- Foil tape - not duct tape, but the kind you use for joining insulation. It's like thick foil, adhesive on one side.
- Pencils or scratch-art tools*.
- (Optional) Stickers to decorate. I only allowed one per child, as some of them go crazy with stickers, and I wanted them to enjoy the foil art! You could also use stick-on jewels.
Or older children could do this themselves.
- Cover the cardboard in strips of tape. Overlap slightly.
- Cut out shield shapes. These were about 10cm/4" long I think.
- Stick a sticker in the centre if using.
- Draw designs, pressing firmly.
*The pointed plastic sticks that come with these kits - since every kit has one, you soon accumulate