Wednesday 25 November 2015

Wooden spoon Bible people


These were the Pharisee and the Tax collector, but could be anyone.
A nice easy craft for the teacher - very little to prepare!

You will need:
  • Wooden spoons. The small disposable ones used for parties etc. (Or plastic spoons, but you'd need permanent markers to draw on them.)
  • Pipe cleaners.
  • Felt cut into rectangles with a small slit in the middle. (I say felt - I actually used this kind of cleaning cloths!)
    Non-woven absorbent cleaning cloths make excellent cheap thin 'felt' for kids' crafts!:  
  • Felt tip pens.
  • Loom bands, small rubber bands, or wool.
What to do:
  1. First, poke the handle of the spoon through the hole in the felt.
  2. Below this, wrap the pipe cleaner round the handle to make arms. 
  3. Fold the felt down front and back, and use a loom band or wool as a belt.
  4. Draw a face.

2 comments:

Rachel Ball said...

Hi kirsty, would it be ok for me to post a link to this craft please? I based a HBC idea on it and would like to give you credit when I post the pictures on my blog.

Kirsty said...

Hi Rachel,
Yes, feel free!