People who are clearly more organised than me seem to have started pinning Easter Sunday School ideas already.
So here is something I used last year for telling the story - actually a last minute thing put together in a few minutes.
I've kept it simple because a) egg boxes in the UK usually only have 6 humps, and b) I think it's better to concentrate on a few incidents.
The eggs did have numbers on them, but they wiped off.
The children took turns opening them, and then I explained each one/asked questions.
- Soldier for Jesus' arrest. A lego soldier would have fitted too, or a cocktail sword would work well.
- Cross - made in a few seconds with a lolly stick and a glue dot. Did you know you can cut lolly sticks with scissors?
- Darkness - piece of black paper.
- Temple curtain - little square of cloth. Red/blue/purple if possible.
- Stone - for the tomb.
- Nothing! The tomb was empty!